There are different options depending on the season and availability. Living off-grid is austere and requires extra work and time. Our facilities are rustic but clean and green.
- spring water
- sun-heated showers
- solar power
- internet available
- communal cabin, library
- seasonal garden produce
- RV/camper/tent spots
- available for short term visits
- chopped wood for fireplace (no fires in summer)
- no running hot water, instead solar and wood heated buckets
- outhouse (no indoor toilet)
- mosquitos, rodents, rattlesnakes (in the summer)
- cold nights year round (we live in mountains)
We live in a high altitude valley surrounded by mountains, so weather can be extremely cold or windy.
People need to spend time here as a guest and/or worker before making long term living decisions.
Hotels in Cache Creek are 20 minutes away.